Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Look at that man run!



On September 19th, my dear hubby ran his first marathon! It was the Logan Top of Utah marathon, and We went up the night before so he'd be ready to go in the morning! Most of the local hotels were booked so we stayed in the Anniversary Inn! (are you allowed to stay there when it's not your anniversary?) Anyway, we got to stay in "Pirate's Paradise" and it was pretty cool! They even bring you yummy breakfast in the morning! Too bad the mister was off torturing himself so I had to enjoy a breakfast for one!;) Anyway, enjoy the following pics of Timmy at the finish line (he's not such a fan of that picture) and our Pirates Paradise!



I was so proud of my marathon running husband!
It was interesting to be at the finish line and see how some people get very emotional, and some people barf! Kind of inspiring..kind of gross! When he finished, Tim said it was the hardest thing he'd ever done and he wasn't sure he'd do it again, but now he's already planning his next one!



3 comments:

Aubrey Norby said...

Way to go Tim! I admire people who can be such masochists. Fun place that you stayed in. I always thought it would be cool to go the an Anniversary Inn - haven't tried it yet. Maybe someday...

Scott and Stef said...

I like the Anniversary inn :). That is awesome Tim did ran a marathon! Maybe someday we can do it together. . .since we are the same speed. I was hoping to see a big belly in your picture, I'm a little dissapointed. I hope it grows by Christmas.

Tricia L said...

I completely admire people that run like that. I'm so sick of being lazy that I'm determined to start running for the first time ever after I have my baby. (I did do track, but it was sprints and hurdles, so it hardly counts.) Here's the link the pattern for that pillow: http://youcanmakethis.com/info/featured-products/Personalized-Name-Pillows.htm
It teaches you everything. It has the letters for you too. It was really easy! The stitching around the letters took a little practice to get used to it, though. Lets get together and make baby stuff. I just want to make tons and tons now that I finally got back into the sewing kick.